Forgive me Father Blog for I am distracted.

It has been two weeks since my last purge and I have committed a number of mental atrocities.

As referred to in my last post, there has been considerable pressure to succumb to the allure of comfortable, if not entirely satisfying, employment. I have had one serious offer and a semi-serious suggestion that jobs could be treated for me if I wished to continue.

My thoughts have been sinful and involved the entertainment of the idea that to remain working would help me to reach some sort of financial satisfaction. I overcame this temptation but feel unclean after having such images flow through the echoing caverns of the depth between my ears.

I seek repentance for this stray fantasy.

In the last week I also uncovered what I thought had become repressed emotions in regards to wooden boats. My thoughts now stray regularly to the turning of logs, the smooth lines of a sweet sheer and the soft curves of a well considered tumblehome. At least once an hour I can be found with a wistful shimmer on my lips and the beginnings of a tear forming in the corner of my superbly lashed eye as I contemplate the boating conditions on Sydney Harbour from the confines of my cubicle.

I seek your guidance on this matter that takes the heart from my work.

Finally, and most immediately pressing, is the matter of a new bicycle. I do not consider myself a materialistic being but do have certain genres of item that i continually lust for. I have the means, desire and motive to purchase a new bicycle by my head is most forthright in it's denial of the more financially foolish options in front of me. Father Blog, do I buy what my heart desires or take the road more travelled, knowing that it will present unexpected, unexplainable yet infinitely enjoyable memories.

I seek your counsel on this uncharacteristic wandering in retail irresolution.

Comments

Hammertime said…
Forbol.

Are you taking a bike with you? If so, buy a bike, buy one like you've never bought before - one without a seat.

My associate wants to know if you (or your life partner) have a bike you can sell her. She also implores you: you always regret your economies, not your extravagances.

My advice: rig up a flying fox between your cubicle and Sydney Harbour, and charge the people $75 bucks a pop to ride up and visit you in the office. With 5 working days left, that's $375 after tax, but before interest and dividends.

I thought I would find satisfaction in my new science job that i'd be quite embarrassed about if i don't get, but deep down I know that inner satisfaction doesn't come from one's job. at least not this job, for me, right now.

Popular Posts